API Actions extend the set of operations on that can be performed on Resources, and can also execute operations unrelated to specific Resources. Actions are always invoked via an HTTP POST.
Each Action is exposed at a dedicated application endpoint, using the following convention: /api.rsc/actionName. For example, if ArcESB is hosted on ‘mydomain.com’ and listening on port 8001, the following endpoint would be used to access the archiveLogs Action:
The parameters of the Action are specified in the JSON-formatted body of the HTTP post. The request must include the appropriate content-type header (e.g. application/json) for the POST body to be interpreted correctly. The available parameters for each Action are detailed in the API Browser within the application UI.
The Admin API includes the following Actions:
- ArchiveLogs - Move log data from the application database into an archive file on disk.
- CopyConnector - Create a new Arc connector using an existing connector configuration
- CreateCert - Create a new digital certificate (public/private key pair) for encryption, signing, decryption, verification, SSL/TLS, etc.
- DeleteLogs - Remove log data from the application database
- DeleteTransactions - Delete log data from the Transaction Log
- DownloadFile - Instruct a specified connector to download/receive a specified file (or all applicable files based on the connector’s configuration)
- ExchangeCert - Update a connector’s digital certificate
- GetTransactionLogs - Retrieve detailed Transaction Log data for a specific transaction
- ImportProfiles - Add profiles settings, connector settings, or workspace settings to Arc from a zipped configuration archive
- RefreshTransactions - Rebuild the transactions cache for a specified connector to ensure the Transaction Log data is current
- RestartFile - Restart the outgoing transmission for a file being sent by a connector
- SendFile - Instruct a connector to process (upload, send, transform, etc) a file in that connector’s input folder.