The Schedule Connector adds a step to the flow that can be used to delay messages from being sent to the next connector based on a schedule.
Schedule Connectors are configured with a desired interval. The automation service only processes files in the Send folder of the connector after this interval has elapsed, instead of immediately when files are detected. This allows for control over the timing of file processing.
This section contains all of the configurable connector properties.
Settings related to the scheduled delay of message processing.
- Connector Id The static name of the connector. All connector-specific files are held in a folder by the same name within the Data Directory.
- Connector Description An optional field to provide free-form description of the connector and its role in the flow.
- Send Interval The unit of measure to use for the scheduled delay (e.g. Minutes, Hours, Days, etc).
- Minutes The number of minutes to wait before processing. Only applicable when Send Interval is set to Minute.
- Minutes Past the Hour The minutes offset for an hourly schedule. Only applicable when Send Interval is set to Hourly. For example, if this value is set to 5, the automation service will process files at 1:05, 2:05, 3:05, etc.
- Time The time within a given day that processing should occur. Only applicable when Send Interval is set to Daily, or Weekly, or Monthly.
- Day The day on which processing should occur. Only applicable when Send Interval is set to Weekly or Monthly.
- Cron Expression An arbitrary string representing a cron expression that determines when processing should occur. Only applicable when Send Interval is set to Advanced.
Settings that determine the folder on disk that files will be processed from, and where they will be placed after processing.
- Input Folder (Send) The connector can process files placed in this folder. If Send Automation is enabled, the connector will automatically poll this location for files to process.
- Output Folder (Receive) After the connector finishes processing a file, the result will be placed in this folder. If the connector is connected to another connector in the flow, files will not remain here and will instead be passed along to the Input/Send folder for the connected connector.
- Processed Folder (Sent) After processing a file, the connector will place a copy of the processed file in this folder if Save to Sent Folder is enabled. This copy of the file will not be passed along to the next connector in the flow.
Settings not included in the previous categories.
- Log Subfolder Scheme By default, logs for transactions processed by the connector will be stored in the Logs subfolder for the connector. For connectors that process many transactions, it may be desirable to further divide the logs based on the datetime they were generated. When this setting is set to Daily, logs generated on the same day will be grouped in a subfolder;; when this setting is set to Weekly, logs generated in the same week will be grouped in a subfolder; and so on.
- Log Messages Whether the log entry for a processed file will include a copy of the file itself.
- Save to Sent Folder Whether files processed by the connector should be copied to the Sent folder for the connector.
Settings for specific use cases.
- Other Settings Allows configuration of hidden connector settings in a semicolon-separated list, like
setting1=value1;setting2=value2. Normal connector use cases and functionality should not require use of these settings.