Workspace Send Connector
Workspace Send Connector
The Workspace Send Connector performs the singular task of transporting Arc messages across different workspaces.
The Workspace Send Connector ensures that message metadata persists as messages are passed from one workspace to another. Since ArcESB uses message metadata to track files through the flow, this helps ensure that files are logged, monitored, and processed correctly.
This connector has very simple configuration, as each Workspace Send Connector is paired with exactly one Workspace Receive Connector. Primary configuration is simply a matter of setting the appropriate Workspace and the name of the Workspace Receive Connector within that Workspace.
This section contains all of the configurable connector properties.
Settings related to the basic operation of the connector.
- Connector Id The static name of the connector. All connector-specific files are held in a folder by the same name within the Data Directory.
- Connector Description An optional field to provide free-form description of the connector and its role in the flow.
Settings related to the Workspace destination where files will end up.
- Workspace Id The Workspace to send messages to.
- Connector Id The name of the Workspace Receive Connector within the target workspace where files should end up.
Settings related to storing copies of processed messages.
- Save to Sent folder Whether a copy of processed files should end up in the Sent folder.
- Send Folder Scheme Sent files are grouped together based on when they are processed (files processed in a similar time period are grouped together). This setting determines how long the grouping period is.
Settings related to logs generated by the connector.
- Log Level The verbosity of logs generated by the connector.
- Log Subfolder Scheme By default, logs for transactions processed by the connector will be stored in the Logs subfolder for the connector. For connectors that process many transactions, it may be desirable to further divide the logs based on the datetime they were generated. When this setting is set to Daily, logs generated on the same day will be grouped in a subfolder;; when this setting is set to Weekly, logs generated in the same week will be grouped in a subfolder; and so on.
- Log Messages Whether a copy of the file data itself should be included with the logs.
Settings related to the automatic processing of files by the connector.
- Send Whether files arriving at the connector will automatically be sent to the external destination.
Settings related to the allocation of resources to the connector.
- Max Workers The maximum number of worker threads that will be consumed from the threadpool to process files on this connector. If set, overrides the default setting from the Profile tab.
- Max Files The maximum number of files that will be processed by the connector each time worker threads are assigned to the connector. If set, overrides the default setting from the Profile tab.